The new year is always a great time to make resolutions and set goals that you would like to achieve over the year. One of the most popular resolutions is to start working out and get healthy. This can be a great resolution, but it can also be difficult to stick with if you don’t have a plan in place. That’s why it’s important to know how to follow through on your New Year’s resolution to work out.
Here is a quick guide on how to stay motivated to follow through on your new year’s resolution to get fit:
1 – Set Realistic Goals
The first step in following through on your New Year’s resolution to work out is to set realistic goals. Start with a goal that you know you can accomplish and then gradually increase the difficulty as you progress. This will help you stay motivated and on track.
2 – Create a Plan
Next, create a plan of action. Figure out how often you will work out and what type of exercise you will do. Consider joining a gym or hiring a personal trainer to help you stay motivated. You can also look into classes, such as yoga or Zumba, that are fun and provide a sense of community.
3 – Keep at It!
Once you have a plan in place, make sure to stick with it. Set reminders for yourself so that you don’t forget to work out. You can also enlist a friend to work out with you, as accountability can be a great motivator.
4 – Reward Yourself
Finally, reward yourself for reaching your goals. This will help keep you motivated and remind you why you started working out in the first place.
Bonus Tip: Celebrate Small Victories
When you reach a milestone, celebrate it! Whether it’s a new personal best or a milestone like completing a 5K or 10K race, make sure to recognize your accomplishments and reward yourself for your hard work.
Reasons Why Some People Give Up
- Lack of Motivation – If you don’t have a clear goal or plan, it can be hard to stay motivated.
- Unrealistic Expectations – If you have unrealistic expectations of what you can achieve in a short period of time, it can be discouraging when you don’t see immediate results.
- Fear of Failure – If you’re afraid of failing or not meeting your goals, it can be difficult to stay motivated.
- Lack of Support – If you don’t have a supportive environment or people to help you stay on track, it’s easy to get off track.
- Life Gets in the Way – Life can be unpredictable and sometimes it’s difficult to find time for exercise.
- Injury or Illness – If you become injured or ill, it can be difficult to stay motivated.
In a nutshell, following through on your New Year’s resolution to work out is achievable with proper planning and dedication. Start by setting realistic and achievable goals, and then make a plan of action that includes a schedule of when and how long to exercise. Additionally, surrounding yourself with positive influences and staying motivated by tracking your progress and rewarding yourself can help you stay on track. Following these tips can help ensure that you will be successful in reaching your goal and staying in shape this year.
If you are looking for a Dubai fitness trainer, come to Fission Fusion Fitness. We are a members-only gym providing world-class personal training and nutrition plans. Sign up today!